NAME OF THE COURSE- Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm.)
AFFILIATION AND APPROVAL- Board of Technical education (BTE), U.P. & Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi.
YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT- 2018
Diploma in Pharmacy is a 2 years long career-oriented, entry-level diploma course. Students who wish to pursue a long term career in the medical field of pharmaceutical sciences, starting in entry-level positions are suitable for this course.This program is designed to prepare candidates to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in hospitals, community pharmacies, and other pharmaceutical-related fields.
Tuition fee : as per Govt. Norms
The Diploma in Pharmacy program is gaining popularity nowadays and offers diverse career opportunities. This further affirms the immense popularity of the course among students. The most popular choices of education on completion of a Diploma in Pharmacy as follows.
• B.Pharma: If one wishes to continue in the same field of education, the first program of choice is a B.Pharma. It is a three-year course and the eligibility criteria include passing Class 12 in relevant streams
• Competitive examinations: Another route that Diploma holders can go for is to prepare for competitive examinations. Examinations that are meant for job opportunities in Government sector organizations are most popular. Jobs in this sector are secure with assured high pay and regular increments.
DURATION- 2 years
The duration of the course shall be for two academic years with each academic year spread over a period of not less than one hundred and eighty working days in addition to 500 hours practical training spread over a period of not less than 3 months.
A candidate is required to put in at least 75% attendance in theory and practical subjects separately in a recognized institution approved by Pharmacy council of India and affiliated to Board of Technical education (BTE), U.P.
Diploma in Pharmacy (Part-I and Part-II):-
[Minimum qualification for admission to Diploma in Pharmacy Part-I course -A pass in any of the following examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics.
(1) Intermediate examination in Science;
(2) The first year of the three year degree course in Science,
(3) 10+2 examination (academic stream) in Science;
(4) Pre–degree examination;
(5) Any other qualification approved by the Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent to any of the above examination.
Provided that there shall be reservation of seats for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes candidates in accordance with the instructions issued by the Central Govt. /State Govts./Union Territory Admns. as the case may be from time to time]
A wide range of careers await those who have completed Diploma in Pharmacy course in both the private and public sectors.
• There are a large number of job opportunities for students in this field. Pharmacy Diploma holders are hired in many different sectors of the industry such as Health centers, pharmaceuticals firms, chemist shops, research agencies, hospitals etc.
• Fresh Diploma holders of this course can easily expect an initial salary of INR 2,00,000 to 5,00,000 per year. The salary offered is proportional to the experience earned in the field. The salary offered increases with increase in the experience in the field.
Pharmacist, Scientific Officer, Production Executive, Medical Transcriptionist.